Thursday, March 28, 2013

FAREWELL FOR NOW

Greetings to you all,

With sad regret, I have decided that for the time being, I will not be making any new posts on this blog. I have been very busy (overly so) since I began work on The Farmer's Wife Quilt book in May of 2007, and I  simply need to slow down my life. How long will this break last? Weeks, months, years? I don't know!! But I hope to be back posting again someday. Thank you all for your support and kind words.

P.S. I will continue to answer any email questions that you have. Good-bye for now...

God bless you,
Laurie

 

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've loved reading you posts and am still working on my FW blocks. enjoy your life!!

Marie said...

I've greatly enjoyed reading these snippets of women's lives from times past. Thank you! I do hope you decide to bring them back in the future. However, I imagine it must be time-consuming to find them, at times. I'll keep your blog on my reader, just in case you change your mind and post again sometime :)

Wanda said...

I just dug out my Farmers Wife quilt book with thoughts of starting the quilt as a summer project. Today is the first day I looked at your blog. Just lovely. I understand your need for a break. I do hope you will leave the blog up for awhile. I have lots of catch up reading to do!

Laurie Aaron Hird said...

Thank you for all of the nice comments, both here and in private emails. I have no plans to delete this site, so you have plenty of time to read past entries. I really hope to get back to posting again someday. There are so many more stories to tell!!! :)

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Laurie, I have so enjoyed all your posts. I am finally putting my FW quilt together and hope to have it quilted and bound before the end of the year. I love this project even though it has taken me a long time to sew the blocks and assemble the top. It will always be one of my favorite projects.

Thank you for this project. Being the daughter of farmers and with farming in our family for more years than I know, this project meant so much to me - just the title alone lured me in!

God bless you and your family.

Sandra Henderson said...

MISS YOU!!!!~
:(
but, understand.